Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random waiting room thoughts...

I've been on a sort of Jesus-led spiritual journey for the last few months and I'm trying to put my lessons into practical everyday usages. Right now I'm sitting in the waiting room of Trinity Medical Center Diagnostic Ceneter. I'm having a test done...nothing serious and not the point of this post. I'm looking around the waiting area which is rather large and Ilm seeing a lot of unhappy faces, with exception to the ladies working at the registrartion desk who are laughing hysterically over some cat story.

I have to wonder why these faces are unhappy. Is it the wait, the tests they are about to endure or is it simply the inconvenience of it all. If only they could just smile at one another...maybe that would help.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in the sea of unhappy faces with a goofy grin on my face because I'm thinking of two things. The first is that someone just asked me how far along I am. I am not pregnant...I've gained 40 pounds in the last three years and most of it is in my stomach. Now this cracks me up because this poor soul felt horrible for making the mistake when it is not her fault. It doesn't hurt my feelings...it simply is what it is. Which leads me to the profound thing my sweet son said to me the other day.

We were eating something and I told Jack that I loved the food we were eating. And his response was, "you're supposed to eat food, Mommy, not love it."

It really is that simple isn't it?

No comments: